Flee Fire at Inn
Actor Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister Maggie escaped without injury
after being caught up in a fire early on Wednesday (27DEC06) at a
The two were staying at Manka's Inverness Lodge in Marin County for
Christmas when a tree fell on the structure, sparking the fire.
According to Marin County Fire Department Battlion Chief Mike Giannini,
"From my perspective, it looks like a total loss of the main lodge
and the restaurant."
Neighbour Judy Prokupek, who witnessed the devastation, said guests
were seen running out of the inn at around 2:43 am, adding, "They
weren't dressed to come out. It was early."
Chef and co-owner Daniel Delong said the Brokeback
Mountain star assisted with the recovery efforts saying, "Jake
was helping me pull things out of the fire."
Other well-known guests at the inn were Fargo star Frances McDormand
and her husband Joel Cohen. No injuries were reported.